Not very fun...

This is for all those out there who deal with chronic pain. I have had a bug for a while now (going on and off for 4 weeks) that included headaches, body aches, puking, and a very foggy brain. I was running on empty and drained from being in pain. The day after I finally started the antibiotics my symptoms went away and now I am just building my energy back up and hoping my brain will come out of the flu-fog. As I am healing I can't help but think of all the people who can't find complete relief from their pain, who deal with it on a day to day basis and hope for the best each morning when they wake up. My Mom deals with Fibromyalgia. The Mayo Clinic's definition of Fibromyalgia is
a chronic condition characterized by widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as fatigue and multiple tender points — places on your body where slight pressure causes pain.
This pain can be very severe and occurs often. My Mom and a lot of other people, mainly women, live with chronic pain from Fibromyalgia daily and still somehow manages to put on a happy face and really try to dive into life. My Sister in Law has dealt with surgery and cancer treatments for a year. She is super brave about it all and I hope she soon is able to take feeling good for granted like the rest of us do. It is easy to take your health for granted when you are not reminded with pain daily. My little tiny bout with a bug that would not go away opened my eyes to what too many people are dealing with and I know that I probably don't know the half of it but I do know enough to say that I will be praying for my family members who are reminded daily of how fragile we all are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life goes on...